Friday, August 26, 2011

Raw Kale Chips...YUM!

Well, we are incorporating some more healthy foods in our lives and I came across this recipe and thought I'd give it a try.  I know it's a far cry from last week but we are incorporating slowly.  I think these are an acquired taste but I can't eat just one!

sunflower seeds (chopped)
1 bunch of kale
1 red, orange or yellow pepper
2 stalks of celery
juice from 1/2 lemon
1/4 c nutritional yeast
1/4 - 1/2 c tahini
seasonings you like (I use italian mixes)
2-3 T honey

Puree everything except sunflower seeds and kale.  Wash and devein kale, tear into palm size pieces.  Pour puree over kale and transfer kale to dehydrator trays, sprinkle with sunflower seeds.

These are deceptively filling but Oooooo so good!!  Maybe next week I'll share a Raw Oatmeal Cookie recipe.  Yup, Raw!!

No comments:

Post a Comment